This is a Jobs Growth Wales vacancy
Steve Robinson Glass Ltd
Type of vacancy:
Jobs Growth Wales
NMW for the age
Hours of Work:
Applicants must be between 16 and 24
Duration of vacancy:
Six month job initially with a view to becoming a permanent position
Careers Wales Admin Ref:
Customer Services Assistant
Retail Sales and Customer Services
We are looking for a Studio and Sales Assistant to help grow a new area of business for the company by assisting in all aspects of sales, marketing and fulfilment of orders.
ADMINISTRATIVE for example:
• Completing order despatch documentation;
• Recording despatch of orders;
• Maintaining accurate records of customer enquiries and orders in the message book and the customer database, and ensuring that all enquiries have been answered and then followed up (in conjunction with Hannah);
• Updating web shop with product information
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE for example:
• Handling customer enquiries efficiently and professionally, in person, by email and over the telephone;
• Handling retail sales, in person, by email and over the telephone.
• Liaising with customers to keep them informed of progress and to check order details;
• Following up order deliveries to check customer satisfaction;
• Researching and implementing new sales avenues
MARKETING for example:
• Researching, devising and implementing specific marketing initiatives,
• Regular promotion and interaction with customers, particularly using social media
PRACTICAL for example:
• Decanting goods into appropriate sized containers
• Wrapping and packing orders for despatch;
ORGANISATIONAL for example:
• Maintaining Current Orders file, ensuring it is kept up to date
• Keeping track of stocks on a weekly (minimum) basis ensuring that we always have enough for current and anticipated orders
Full training will be provided for the successful candidate.
Preferred Learning Provider
CAMBRIAN TRAINING COMPANY (WBL)
Desirable personal qualities
• Natural rapport with customers, face to face and over the phone
• Positive, enthusiastic and motivated
• Able to organise self and prioritise
• Able to take responsibility for specific tasks
• Appreciation of the importance of good customer relations
• Proactive and able to use initiative, Able to work to deadlines
• Able to work flexibly in a small team
• Attention to detail
• Appreciation of importance of quality standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to calculate accurate price quotations
• Ability to compose professional customer correspondence
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, email, web and social media is desirable
• At least GCSE (or equivalent) to include a minimum C grade Maths and English
2 GCSE at C or equivalent
Welsh Language Requirements
Welsh Spoken Skills: No.
Welsh Written Skills: No.
Please keep checking your messages, as the employer will contact you regarding interview arrangements.
Your application will be refused if you are not eligible.
This vacancy has been placed by the employer in the language of their choice. This means that the vacancy might only appear in Welsh or English.