ITERATE is a dynamic product design consultancy. We are focused on developing innovative technology products from an initial concept right through to production; and work with a diverse client base that includes start-up companies to well established organisations.
We are unique within the industry and we enable our clients to be ‘first-to-market’ using a proven development process that allows new products to be conceived within a rapid time-frame, and have a track record of developing technology, healthcare and industrial products.
As a Product Design Engineer (with Electronics), you will:
1. Undertake technical and commercial research related to new product developments
2. Generate new design concepts and ideas using digital sketching techniques
3. Create 3D CAD models of parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies
4. Demonstrate the effectiveness of new designs through prototyping and testing
5. Present your design ideas to team members and clients in a professional manner
6. Engage with third parties such as suppliers to source any required components
7. Visit relevant events to accumulate industry knowledge
Preferred Learning Provider
ITEC SKILLS AND EMPLOYMENT (WBL)
Desirable personal qualities
1. Excellent working knowledge of electronic hardware and software (i.e Arduino and C/C++)
2. Good understanding of engineering principles and product development processes
3. Good understanding of 3D CAD systems, e.g. SolidWorks, Fusion 360
4. Good understanding of high volume production processes, e.g. injection moulding
5. Good understanding of 3D printing processes, e.g. FDM, SLA, SLS
6. Hardworking and committed to achieving design excellence
7. Flexible and has the ability to learn and apply new knowledge
8. Methodical, analytical in their approach and able to critique their own designs
9. Able to verbally and visually communicate design ideas to individuals and groups
10. MSc / MEng Product Design, Engineering Design, Electr
Your application will be refused if you are not eligible.
This vacancy has been placed by the employer in the language of their choice. This means that the vacancy might only appear in Welsh or English.