Administration, Business and Office Work
As a Trainee Bookkeeper, your main role will be to keep statutory records for a variety of clients ranging from sole traders to small limited companies on a variety of accounting packages, MSExcel, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks.
• Processing sales receipts and payments
• Checking company bank statements
• Preparing and processing journals
• Liaising with clients directly to obtain information
• Preparing Management Accounts
As a small team there is also a requirement to undertake some administration tasks as and when necessary.
• Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access etc.
• Sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post
• Photocopying and printing various documents
• Other ad hoc administrative tasks as required
We are looking for a team player who is willing to work using their own initiative and to grow the role and to take ownership of tasks as allocated.
After successful completion of the probationary period we will discuss with you any formal training you would like to undertake and will support you in completing the training in a timely manner.
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION*** BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS VACANCY PLEASE ENSURE you complete your vacancy profile as fully as possible, and provide an up-to-date mobile number & email address in your application. PLEASE ENSURE that you are eligible for a Jobs Growth Wales position **IF YOU RE INVITED FOR INTERVIEW, please ensure you contact the employer to confirm that you WILL or WILL NOT be attending. **IF YOU ARE OFFERED A START DATE - please ensure you contact the employer to confirm that you WILL or WILL NOT be starting CHECK your email inbox and Careers Wales account regularly for updates to your application. Suitable candidates will be notified of interview arrangements as appropriate.
Your application will be refused if you are not eligible.
Apply for this vacancy through our site. If you have an account, log in
now. Or, sign up
now to register and set up an account.
Once registered and logged in, there are two ways you can apply:
1. Upload your CV. (If you plan to apply by CV upload and would like help to write or improve your CV, get help on our CV pages
2. Complete the online vacancy application form. (The best way to do this is to complete Your Profile
first. Then you can import this into the vacancy application)
This vacancy has been placed by the employer in the language of their choice. This means that the vacancy might only appear in Welsh or English.