As a teaching assistant you would support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom.
Job roles will include:
• Working within a Secondary school full-time as a Teaching Assistant
• Independently oversee groups in various roles within the classroom
• Independently supervise a class in the absence of the class teacher
• Supporting pupils with their essential skills – numeracy, literacy + ICT skills
• Be involved in preparing resources within various curriculums.
• Be able to follow instruction and to deliver teaching and learning effectively.
• Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
• Understand the safeguarding and behaviour policy and their role within these policies
• Working with children aged 11 to 16 years
• Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools
The Apprenticeship includes both on-the- job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications
Learning Provider Course
Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 Diploma (C&G)) 5011394X
Desirable personal qualities
• An eagerness to learn more about becoming a Teaching Assistant
• A passion for working with children
• Possess relevant qualities including patience and communication
• Ability to show professionalism at all times
• Ability to listen and learn from more experienced staff
• Previous experience of working with children
• Strong English & Mathematics
• Communication skills relevant to both children and adults in English & Welsh
• Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
• Ability to self-manage and organise own time
• Smart appearance
• Professional attitude
• A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
• Ambitious and h
This vacancy has been placed by the employer in the language of their choice. This means that the vacancy might only appear in Welsh or English.