Leisure, Sport and Tourism
As a teaching assistant you would support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom.
Job roles will include:
• Working within a Secondary school full-time as a Teaching Assistant.
• Leading sport sessions with groups of children during curriculum and extra-curricular time.
• Will be a great sporting role-model for our children.
• Can organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes.
• Will be able to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons.
• Can organise and run sport and fitness sessions after school for children of all ages.
• You will be expected to organise and lead playground activities for infant and junior aged children during break and lunchtimes, making sure that pupils are safe, happy and enjoying developing new skills.
• You will also be expected to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons, using your skills to help the pupils to improve.
• We would also like someone who would be confident delivering fun sessions after school (e.g. aerobics/dance/sports skills) to small groups of children.
• You may be expected to supervise PE classes in the absence of a classroom teacher.
The Apprenticeship includes both on-the- job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications
Learning Provider Course
Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 Diploma (C&G)) 5011394X
Desirable personal qualities
• An eagerness to learn more about becoming a Teaching Assistant
• A passion for working with children
• Possess relevant qualities including patience and communication
• Ability to show professionalism at all times
• Ability to listen and learn from more experienced staff
• Strong sporting background.
• Experience of coaching/working with children.
• Good organisational skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong English & Mathematics
• Communication skills relevant to both children and adults in English & Welsh
• Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
• Ability to self-manage and organise own time
• Smart appearance
• Professional attitude
This vacancy has been placed by the employer in the language of their choice. This means that the vacancy might only appear in Welsh or English.