Administration, Business and Office Work
To complete a training programme as set out by the School of Psychology in conjunction with training provider as part of an apprenticeship scheme with a view to obtaining skills and expertise in general administration activities within higher education:
• Deal with simple and routine enquires from internal and external customers in a professional manner, following established procedures, referring complex enquires to relevant staff members, ensuring all relevant facts and information needed is recorded and passed on
• Undertake a variety of routine administrative duties to support the team and department
• Update administrative systems with basic information
• Take an active role in the team supporting team objectives and other team members
• cover reception when required;
• to provide support for the organisation and set up of events, open days and public engagement activities;
• ensure the regular filing and retrieval of correspondence and records;
• assisting with purchase orders, catering bookings and other basic financial activities;
• undertake photocopying duties
• updating of records using databases, spreadsheets and specialised software.
• to take notes at meetings as and when required.
• Ensure that an understanding of the importance of confidentiality is applied when undertaking all duties
• Abide by University policies on Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity
• Ensure standard guidelines and procedures are adhered to.
• To perform work-related tasks to be assessed by the apprenticeship training provider
• Perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role
Training provided in the workplace. You will work towards achieving a NVQ Level 2.
Learning Provider Course
Course not specified in list
Desirable personal qualities
1. A minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grade A* to C including Maths and English
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1. Experience of using common office IT packages (e.g. MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
Customer Service, Communication and Team Working
2. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of people, both in writing and verbally.
3. Ability to clearly record information to pass on to others
4. Ability to work as an effective team member
Planning, Analysis and Problem Solving
5. Ability to work efficiently and accurately, and be able to meet deadlines
6. Ability to solve common problems using established procedures and practices
A willingness to undertake further
To be arranged by the Employer
This vacancy has been placed by the employer in the language of their choice. This means that the vacancy might only appear in Welsh or English.