This is an APPRENTICESHIP VACANCY
Careers Wales Admin Reference
Cardiff and the Vale
Trainee chef de rang/commis waiter
Catering and Hospitality
The Market Place
Closing date of application
We presently require a bright and motivated front of house trainee join our team with an aim to progressing to a senior position. No experience is required for this position but a positive, willing and energetic approach is essential.
The position is aimed at providing the trainee with complete and fluid customer service skills, product knowledge, courtesy and multi-tasking and capability to take care of numerous guests. A friendly, outgoing person who enjoys the social aspects of working and can provide the all-important extra service to the dining experience would be suited to the role.
Your in house training will include the following areas
• The running of a busy section and to attend to all of the customers requests and needs
• Thorough knowledge and operational capability of the Micros Point of Sales system
• serving and cashing out dining guests from the moment they walk into the door until dining is complete and the guest leaves
• menu description(some French culinary terminology) /product selling and up selling training including a constantly rotating list of specials with you will be taught how to explain ingredients and preparation to customers
• Wine list training/wine and food pairing
• cash functions within the bar and its opening prep procedures and closing duties
Type of Vacancy
Preferred Training Organisation
Learning Provider Course
Food and Beverage Service Level 2 NVQ Diploma (Edexcel) 50099371
Apprenticeship Wage of £2.60 per hour
This vacancy has been inputted in the language choice of the employer.
To apply for this vacancy, you must be logged in (on the top right of the screen) or click here to register.
Remember to complete your AMS Vacancy Profile before you submit your application.
If there is an External Link to the vacancy application (URL as a hyperlink), you can apply by clicking on the link. For ‘Other Vacancies’ you do not need to be logged in, simply follow the instructions in the vacancy.