CW Admin Ref
Employer nameDeadstock (Streetwear Inspired Vintage Clothing)
Exclude the employer's name from advertNo Include
Vacancy TitleHQ Assistant
OccupationFashion and Clothing Design
SectorDesign, Arts and Crafts
Vacancy descriptionIMMEDIATE APPLICATION ADVISABLE. CLOSING DATE IS ONLY A GUIDELINE AND MAY CHANGE. SUITABLE CANDIDATE WILL BE OFFERED START DATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Deadstock was born from a suitcase full of charity shop clothes collected from around Cardiff and in the following six years has
grown to become an internationally respected figure in the burgeoning worlds of both vintage clothing & streetwear. Following a huge amount of work during lockdown, we’re looking to the future and excited to continue to grow and to begin to offer both original clothing and a range of reworked vintage products for the youth of
1 Preparing orders for dispatch and general stock room duties.
2. Solving problems and assisting customers with their queries in a
personable and relatable way.
3. Preparing and restoring clothing for our photoshoots by washing,
steaming and removing stains.
4. Helping to prepare our clothing drops by efficiently creating new
product listings and ensuring information is entered accurately.
5. Basic product photography duties (all training will be provided,
you’ll just need a good eye for detail and a good work ethic)
6. General assistance with the day to day operations at the HQ and
with the varied challenges that come with a growing business.
Hours of work40 hrs per week
PayNational minimum wage
Number of opportunitiesTotal = 1
Taken = 0
Available = 1
Recycled = 0
Training to be providedFull training will be provided to allow the applicant to fulfil their
Closing date for application25/07/2021
Interview arrangements***IMPORTANT INFORMATION***
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS VACANCY
ENSURE that you are eligible for a Jobs Growth Wales position
ENSURE you complete your vacancy profile as fully as possible, and provide an up-to-date mobile number & email address in your application.
CHECK your email inbox and Careers Wales account regularly for updates to your application.
SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED OF INTERVIEW ARRANGEMENTS AS APPROPRIATE
**IF YOU RE INVITED FOR INTERVIEW, please ensure you contact the employer to confirm that you WILL or WILL NOT be attending.
**IF YOU ARE OFFERED A START DATE - please ensure you contact the employer to confirm that you WILL or WILL NOT be starting.
Who manages the vacancy?Provider
Desirable personal qualities* A responsible and respectful attitude towards work and the ability
to occasionally work independently without assistance
* An eye for detail with the ability to input data and accomplish tasks
accurately and effectively
* An interest in the worlds of vintage clothing, streetwear/fashion
and youth culture. We love what we do and we’d like to work with
someone who shares our passion
* A can-do attitude towards learning new skills and facing new
* A basic level of competency using computers/mobile phones
* Proficiency with the English Language.
* The ability to multi-task and prioritise work according to deadlines
* Graphic design skills or clothes alteration and repairs experience
would be a big benefit but not required for this role.
QualificationsNo Minimum Requirements
Age RangeApplicants must be between 16 and 24
Welsh Language RequirementsWelsh Spoken Skills: No
Welsh Written Skills: No
DurationSix month job initially with a view to becoming a permanent position