CW Admin Ref
Employer nameNewbold & Co, Solicitors - Barry / Cwmbran
Exclude the employer's name from advertNo Include
Vacancy TitleGraduate Trainee Conveyancing Solicitor
Tagged Words• Negotiating skills • Strong attention to detail and accuracy,
OccupationLegal Profession / Work
SectorLegal and Political Services
Vacancy descriptionTO START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. CLOSING DATE IS ONLY A GUIDELINE AND MAY CHANGE.
SUITABLE CANDIDATE WILL BE OFFERED START DATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Newbold Solicitors are one of the UK’s leading property and housing law firms based out of our three sites in South Wales.
At Newbold Solicitors, our Career Pathway has been designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills you will need to succeed in your career in Conveyancing. You will start by supporting two or three qualified Conveyancers in their cases with some of the basics of a case. As you gain confidence and proficiency, we will then provide you with more exposure to more features of a Conveyancing transaction.
Once you are experienced and confident to support a Conveyancer, you will become that Conveyancer’s assistant. At this point you will be shown how to run more aspects of a case and to handle complex enquiries.
The final part of a case you will be shown as an Assistant is how to conduct Title Checks. Our team of Mentors will monitor your performance throughout and once we are confident that you can run an entire file yourself, you will manage your own caseload.
Throughout the whole process, and after, you will have a Mentor assigned to you who will support and coach you through your development through one-to-one training and file reviews.
We require you to hold a minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in law.
Hours of work37.5 Hours per week
Pay£9.17 per hour
Number of opportunitiesTotal = 4
Taken = 0
Available = 4
Recycled = 0
Training to be providedAll this experience counts towards your Qualifying Work Experience (QWE), which is a requirement of the Solicitors Regulation Authority to qualify as a Solicitor. If we are satisfied with your progression, at the 12 month point we will support you through the SQE1 exam. After 18 months, we will also support you through the SQE2 exam. If you perform well, after two years, we will support you in qualifying as a Conveyancing Solicitor.
Closing date for application25/07/2021
Interview arrangements***IMPORTANT INFORMATION***
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS VACANCY
ENSURE that you are eligible for a Jobs Growth Wales position
ENSURE you complete your vacancy profile as fully as possible, and provide an up-to-date mobile number & email address in your application.
CHECK your email inbox and Careers Wales account regularly for updates to your application.
SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED OF INTERVIEW ARRANGEMENTS AS APPROPRIATE
**IF YOU RE INVITED FOR INTERVIEW, please ensure you contact the employer to confirm that you WILL or WILL NOT be attending.
**IF YOU ARE OFFERED A START DATE - please ensure you contact the employer to confirm that you WILL or WILL NOT be starting.
Who manages the vacancy?Provider
Desirable personal qualities• A high standard of customer service,
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy,
• Great oral and written communication skills,
• Being able to work as part of a team,
• Being positive and enthusiastic in the workplace,
• Legal research skills and the desire to develop your understanding of the law,
• The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• A confident personality
• Negotiating skills and a practical commercial approach to your work.
• The ability to listen to both Clients and your team.
• An ability to speak in public.
• Excellent drafting skills
• Ability to understand accounts processes and calculate figures.
• General commercial awareness to grow your team, reach targets set for you.
• Be able to dedicate your time and effort to this demanding role.
• You should have a clean driving license and the confidence to travel to attend Court appointments or client appointment based at another office.
• Have a clear DBS check (no criminal convictions).
• Willing to undertake menial roles as well as more taxing and complex roles within the team as we take a very ‘hands on’ approach to working as a team.
• Organisational skills and I.T. skills
Qualifications1 Degree at 2nd Class or equivalent
Other at Upper 2nd Class or equivalent
Age RangeApplicants must be between 18 and 24
Welsh Language RequirementsWelsh Spoken Skills: No
Welsh Written Skills: No
DurationSix month job initially with a view to becoming a permanent position